We at A G Brown Drilling have been involved in the drilling of Ground source Heat Pump boreholes since the mid 1990’s, we use the water from the borehole which is at a temperature of 9 c constantly throughout the year to supply a heat pump which can then be used to heat your house, you can also use the water from the borehole as a water supply for the property as well, this system is particularly cost effective for barn conversions or a new build in an isolated location away from normal mains water, you are getting your heat and water from the same source and saving money and helping the environment
The benefits of ground source heat pumps
- Can reduce your carbon footprint: heat pumps can lower your home’s carbon emissions, depending on which fuel you are replacing.
- No fuel deliveries required.
- Can provide space heating and hot water.
- Can lower fuel bills, especially if you are currently using conventional electric heating.
- It’s often classed as a ‘fit and forget’ technology because it needs little maintenance.
Other points to consider
- Is your home well insulated? Since ground source heat pumps produce a lower temperature heat than traditional boilers, it’s essential that your home is insulated and draught proofed well for the heating system to be effective. It could also make the system cheaper and smaller.
- What fuel will you be replacing? If you’re replacing an electric, or coal heating system, a ground source heating system will save you more on your heating bills. Heat pumps are not recommended for homes on the gas network.
- What type of heating system will you use? Underfloor heating systems, larger radiators or low temperature fan convector’s (warm air heating) can perform better than standard radiator-based systems because of the lower water temperatures required.
- Is the system intended for a new development? Combining the installation with other building work can reduce the cost of installing the system.
- For your heat pump system and advice on environmentally friendly energy options we recommend the services of Aps Energy Solutions Ltd, we have worked with them on a number of projects and they provide a very good service.
Our partner in green energy systems are APS Energy Solutions